Pennsauken, NJ 08109
- Day Shift - 7: 00am to 7: 00pm
- Night Shift - 7: 00pm to 7: 00am
The Press Assistant is a junior printing role, which assists in a wide range of production activities. The Press Assistant will remove bundles from the press, count bundles placed on skids and perform tasks such as cleaning or changing press equipment for a new run.
- Safely remove printed materials from the press line and stack bundles neatly onto skids.
- Count bundles accurately.
- Basic set up of piece scales and troubleshooting stackers.
- Perform press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, cleaning up ink, oil or water spills as assigned.
- Assists Roll Tender with basic duties and may train to operate the splicer, time permitting.
- Assist with restocking materials in the work area, cleaning ovens and spills, wiping down press units and cleaning water tank behind press.
- Read print job run information and ensure stacking patterns for the product on skid comply with instructions.
- Follow all safety regulations and help maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Ability to work as a cooperative part of a crew and be an enthusiastic learner.
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend basic English.
- Ability to use a ruler.
- Enhanced listening skills and ability to follow detailed directions from the Supervisor, Trainer and senior crewmembers.
- Demonstrate initiative in learning new operations.
- Perform basic math functions to add up weights and keep track of bundle counts.
- Effective in demonstrating and sharing job knowledge with less experienced crew members.
- Ability to operate pallet jack to pull and position loaded pallets.